Here’s a FUN way to make granola…
Use PUFFED whole grains. 🤯
The benefit of PUFFED whole grains is that they are part AIR so you get lots of satisfying, crunchy bites with fewer calories.
My recipe below uses PUFFED brown rice because it’s my favorite & easy to find, but you can use other puffed whole grains such as millet or corn.
BONUS: My PUFFED granola recipe has ZERO SUGAR. And it still tastes delish because of these 2 tricks…
Cinnamon & vanilla mimic sweetness on your tongue
Coconut oil adds richness &
makes it feel decadent
2 tablespoons coconut oil
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 teaspoon cinnamon
4 cups puffed brown rice
1/2 cup sliced almonds
1/4 cup sunflower seeds
1. In a large skillet over low-medium heat, melt coconut oil. Stir in vanilla extract, cinnamon, and sea salt.
2. Add puffed brown rice, almonds, and sunflower seeds.
3. Toast for about 15 minutes, stirring occasionally, until golden.
Store in an airtight container (such as a mason jar) at room temp. The granola will keep for a week.
Nutrition Info (1/4 cup): 120 cals, 8g fat, 3g sat fat, 10g carb, 2g fiber, 0g sugar, 3g protein
Sprinkle it on…
– smoothie bowls
– greek yogurt
– fresh/grilled/baked fruit
Try adding other flavors…
– turmeric + black pepper
– ginger + cardamom
– freeze dried fruit (berries/banana)
– cocoa powder or cocoa nibs