I just want a little something after dinner!
It’s natural to want something after a meal. What we are really craving is a “taste transition,” which is a change in flavor to help our mind & taste buds feel “done” eating.
Instead of letting after-dinner nibbling sabotage you, go for one of these 50-calorie (or less!) after-dinner treats…
1. Mint Tea w/ Honey (45 cals)
1 cup warm peppermint tea + 2 tsp honey
2. Cinnamon Almond Milk (50 cals)
1 cup warm unsweetened vanilla almond milk + 1 tsp pure maple syrup + 1/4 tsp cinnamon
3. Air-Popped Popcorn w/ Vinegar & Sea Salt (45 cals)
1-1/2 cups popcorn + drizzle of apple cider vinegar + 1/8 tsp sea salt
4. Cocoa Covered Frozen Banana Slices (50 cals)
Peel, slice & freeze 1/2 of a banana. Sprinkle w/ unsweetened cocoa powder.
5. Kefir Shot + Berry Chaser (45 cals)
1/4 cup plain, low-fat kefir + 1/4 cup fresh berries
Click HERE for FULL infographic image.