Got sweet tooth?
Conquer cravings for good w/ my 5 SUGAR DETOX steps:
1) CLEAN! Start with removing all sweet treats, get temptation 100% out of sight! If you want something sweet, enjoy it outside of the house in fun social situations (never @ home, never alone).
2) MEALS! Eat balanced meals, on schedule. Hungry people crave immediate relief, aka sugar. Don’t fall into the trap of cutting out grains & fruit…you need those natural sugars to prevent craving refined, processed sweets.
3) TEA! After meals you crave a “taste transition” from the savory flavors, so brew yourself a cup of dessert-flavored or peppermint tea.
4) HORMONES! Exercise & sleep. These help boost “feel good” hormones so you don’t have to rely on sugar to make you happy.
5) FLAVOR! Eat plenty of flavors OPPOSITE of SWEET = SOUR & BITTER. Enjoy lots of hot lemon water, vinegar on salads & bitter leafy greens like kale & collards.
Get a printable “Sugar Detox” sign HERE! Stick this on your fridge for a daily reminder to EAT LESS SUGAR. You’re sweet enough already. xoxo
**Extra Credit to BUST A CRAVING:
– Build an army of GOOD GUT BACTERIA.