Symptoms: Headaches. Fatigue. Irritability. Digestive issues. Muscle soreness.
Diagnosis: “You aren’t sick, you’re just dehydrated.”
When I make an effort to drink more water, I ALWAYS feel better! It makes sense, as water is crucial for nearly every system of our body:
– Water comprises >75% of our brain making it essential for memory, mood & motivation.
– Water helps digest food, transport nutrients & flush toxins/waste out of the body.
– Water boosts metabolism. One study found drinking 16oz of H2O upped calorie burning 30% in 10 mins & the effect lasted >30 mins.
Here are 7 tricks to hit your daily water targets (72oz for women/100oz for men):
1) Infuse it. Try Mojito (lime-mint) or Sweet-Tart (strawberry-lemon) w/ THIS bottle.
2) Start early. Add-on a mug of hot water w/ fresh lemon along side your usual AM coffee.
3) Make “super soda”. Add a shot of 100% juice to a glass of sparkling water.
4) Track it. Keep a tally of how much water you drink w/ THIS hydration reminder.
5) Get spicy. Add hot spice to increase thirst. Try cayenne popcorn or THIS avocado toast.
7) Find your water personality. Experiment w/ temperature, straws (love THESE) & style/size of glass to find your sweet spot.