Sure, roasting vegetables makes them tender & sweet, but sometimes I just don’t have the 30-60 mins of patience it takes to let the oven works its magic.
There is an easier & faster way to get your winter-veggie on. Enjoy them raw. Really!
3 ways to enjoy veggies in the raw:
– Shred. Make a Shredded Brussels Sprout Salad. #bestsaladever #justmakeit
– Peel. Use veggie peeler to make ribbons of raw butternut squash & throw in hot pasta dishes.
– Slice. Thinly slice raw beets & toss into salads (It’s best to use a mandoline for this. If you’re a veggie lover & don’t have one, it’s worth the investment.)
When you do have time to roast, here’s how:
1. Pre-heat to 425 F.
2. Cut veggies into similar-sized pieces so they cook at the same rate.
3. In a large bowl, toss veggies w/ oil, sea salt & pepper. About 1 tsp oil per 2 cups veggies.
4. Pour veggies onto a parchment paper lined baking sheet & pop into oven for 30-40 minutes, until edges start to brown. Flip veggies half way through.
5. Enjoy immediately or refrigerate for up to 3 days.
PS: You’ve got to try these roasted Parsnip Fries!