Nobody sets out to make a mistake. We all want to succeed – the first time. When an error occurs, we question our abilities and our hang our heads low.
The fear of making a mistake can be so paralyzing, that it holds us back from trying new things or taking a risky leap of faith.
If you knew the outcome would be successful, would you:
– try a head stand in yoga class?
– try a vegan diet for a month?
– wear bold-colored pants? ..or skinny jeans?!
– rock a daring fashion trend?
– dare to make ethnic foods like Indian dal?
– experiment with pickling vegetables?
– sign up for a marathon?
Let’s reframe the outcome from failure to “a step towards mastery”. We sometimes forget that making a mistake can be a very good thing.
It teaches us what works/doesn’t work & ultimately elevates our expertise. Without mistakes, it’s hard to grow beyond our perceived limits or stretch our actuallimits.