Inspired by DOLE Salads. Lighten up your fiesta by serving a taco salad with the same taco taste, but without shelling out an entire taco bowl. This salad contains seasoned tempeh so you won’t even miss ground beef!
- 1 package (8 ounces) tempeh, crumbled to resemble ground beef
- 1 packet (1 ounce) taco seasoning mix
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 package (10 ounces) DOLE Hearts of Romaine Salad
- 4 green onions, white & green parts chopped
- 1 can (2.25 ounces) sliced black olives
- 1/2 cup salsa or pico de gallo
- 4 crunchy corn taco shells, prepared & crushed into medium pieces
- 1/2 cup pre-prepared guacamole
- In a skillet over medium heat, sauté tempeh, taco seasoning and water for 10 minutes and cool to room temperature.
- Toss together cooled tempeh, romaine, onions, olives, salsa and taco shell pieces.
- Top with guacamole.
- Recipe Note: Tempeh is refrigerated (often near tofu) in healthfood stores, Trader Joes and some traditional grocers.
Nutritional Facts for Tempeh Taco Salad
Daily Value %*
* Daily Value % based on a 2000 calorie diet.