These lemony gluten free bars incorporate 4 types of seeds! They are sure to satisfy.
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1/4 cup each:
- sesame seeds
- sunflower seeds
- pumpkin seeds (‘green pepitas’)
- chia seeds
- Slowly bring honey and lemon zest to boil. Continue boiling until thick syrup on spoon, about 5 minutes. Optional: Do ‘water test’ to check for doneness: Drizzle a little hot honey into small bowl of very cold water. It’s ready when it can form a soft/pliable ball in water.
- Remove honey from heat and stir in seeds.
- Spread hot mixture on parchment paper or Silpat™ lined baking sheet (spread into about 6x8 inch rectangle).
- Let set for 15-20 minutes. Cut into 16 pieces (about 1x3 inch pieces).
- Store covered for 7-10 days.
Nutritional Facts for Super Seed Bars
1 piece (1" x 3")
Daily Value %*
* Daily Value % based on a 2000 calorie diet.