This oatmeal recipe does not require cooking & is served as a cold cereal. It’s a refreshing way to enjoy heart-smart whole grains in the spring & summer.
- 4 cups unsweetened vanilla almond milk (or favorite milk)
- 2 cups dry rolled oats
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- TOPPING SUGGESTIONS:
- Sugar Plum: Plum + Candied Ginger + Cashews
- Banana Brownie: Banana + Unsweetened Cocoa Powder + Walnuts
- Carrot Cake: Shredded Carrots + Raisins + Pecans
- Apple Pie: Apple + Honey + Almonds
- Zucchini Bread: Grated Zucchini + 100% Maple Syrup + Sunflower Seeds
- PB & J Parfait: Grapes + Ground Flaxseed + Natural Peanut Butter
- Combine ingredients in large bowl. Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight.
- Scoop soaked oats into a serving dish & enjoy with your favorite toppings.
Nutritional Facts for Summer Oatmeal
Daily Value %*
* Daily Value % based on a 2000 calorie diet.