Inspired by DOLE Salads. This salad is a satisfying, complete meal that includes brown rice, tempeh, red bell pepper, green onions.
- 2 Tablespoons natural peanut butter
- 3 Tablespoons seasoned rice vinegar
- 1/16 teaspoon cayenne pepper (pinch)
- 1 package (8 ounce) tempeh, cut into widthwise strips (about 16 pieces)
- 2 cups frozen/precooked brown rice, thawed
- 1 bag (12 oz) Dole Very Veggie Salad (iceberg, romaine, radish, snow peas, red cabbage, carrots)
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions (on bias)
- 1/2 red bell pepper, thinly sliced (about 1/2 cup)
- Whisk together peanut butter, vinegar and cayenne.
- Place peanut butter mixture and tempeh pieces in microwave-save bowl.
- Microwave covered for 1-2 minutes, until tempeh is tender. Let mixture cool.
- Toss with remaining salad ingredients.
- Culinary Notes: Tempeh is fermented soybeans pressed into a rectangular patty. It’s high in vegan-friendly protein and has a meaty texture. It can be found in the produce section of many grocery stores. Tempeh can be crumbled & used as a ground beef substitute in chili, pasta and tacos.
Nutritional Facts for Peanut Tempeh Thai Salad
Daily Value %*
* Daily Value % based on a 2000 calorie diet.