Featured salad from the DOLE Fruit Inspired recipe collection. KEY ENERGY BOOSTER: Water. The high-water content of Romaine lettuce hydrates with out a sugar spike/crash due to fiber (14 grams per salad serving).
Time: 20 | Servings: 2
- 6 cups DOLE® Chopped Romaine from one 2-pound package
- 1 cup sliced radishes
- 1 cup canned kidney beans, rinsed
- 1 orange, segmented
- 1 scallion, sliced
- 1/4 cup crumbled reduced-fat feta cheese
- 1/4 cup Orange-Oregano Dressing
- Orange-Oregano Dressing:
- 1/2 teaspoon orange zest, freshly grated
- 1/2 cup orange juice, preferably freshly squeezed
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh oregano or 3/4 teaspoon dried
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- To prepare dressing: Place orange zest, orange juice, vinegar, oil, oregano, mustard, salt and pepper in a jar. Cover and shake to combine.
- To prepare salad: Slice both ends off orange. With a sharp knife, remove the peel and white pith; discard. Working over a large bowl, cut the segments from their surrounding membrane. Squeeze the juice into the bowl before discarding the membrane, if desired. Add lettuce, radishes, beans, scallion, feta and dressing; toss to coat. (Refrigerate the extra dressing for up to 1 week.)
- To Make Ahead: The recipe makes 1 cup dressing (Step 1); cover and refrigerate extra dressing for up to 1 week.
Nutritional Facts for DOLE Romaine Salad with Orange Feta & Beans
Daily Value %*
* Daily Value % based on a 2000 calorie diet.