Featured salad from the DOLE New Traditions recipe collection. KEY ENERGY BOOSTER: Potatoes. This salad packs an excellent source of potassium (1385 mg) that will keep your mind and muscles in peak performance.
Time: 30 | Servings: 4
- 8 cups water
- 8 ounces green beans, trimmed and halved
- 8 small red potatoes
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup minced shallots
- 1/4 cup red-wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 6 cups DOLE Baby Garden Blend from one 5-ounce package
- 2 6-ounce cans chunk light tuna, drained
- 12 Nicoise or Kalamata olives
- Bring water to a boil in a 3- to 4-quart saucepan. Add green beans and cook until just tender and bright green, 1 to 2 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the beans to a colander, rinse under cold water and set aside in a large bowl. Carefully place potatoes and eggs into the boiling water. Cook the eggs until hard, 12 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the eggs to the colander, rinse under cold water until cool and set aside. Continue cooking the potatoes until fork-tender, 3 minutes more. Drain the potatoes; rinse under cold water until cool enough to handle.
- Meanwhile, combine shallots, vinegar, mustard, salt and pepper in a small bowl. Slowly whisk in oil.
- Cut the potatoes into quarters or eighths, depending on their size. Add to the bowl with the beans. Add Baby Garden Blend, tuna and the dressing. Toss well. Peel the eggs and cut into wedges. Divide the salad among 4 plates. Top with egg wedges and olives. Serve immediately.
- To Make Ahead: Cook green beans, potatoes and eggs; dry, cover and refrigerate for up to 1 day.
Nutritional Facts for DOLE Nouveau Nicoise
Daily Value %*
* Daily Value % based on a 2000 calorie diet.