Featured salad from the DOLE Taste of Spain Collection. This salad is a satisfying meal that contains the 3 main components of complete meal (protein, greens and grains) along with olive oil. (Image courtesy of Dole.)
Time: 35 | Servings: 4
- 1 package (8 oz.) DOLE Mediterranean, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup cooked Spanish chorizo or chicken sausage, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced celery
- 1/2 cup red seedless grapes, cut in half
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons Mediterranean preserved lemon, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Juice from 1 small lemon, (about 2 tablespoons)
- Salt and pepper to taste (optional)
- Country bread or cooked quinoa on the side
- In a large bowl, toss all ingredients together.
- Transfer to shallow bowls or plates and serve with country bread or cooked quinoa if desired.
- Family Friendly Suggestion: Serving kids or less adventurous eaters? Tone down the spicy Spanish sausage with milder chicken sausage or a cup of cooked beef seasoned simply with salt and pepper. Not a fan of quinoa or in a hurry? Substitute a cup of pre-cooked and cooled, brown rice for a familiar, easy-to-prep grain. If preserved lemon is hard to find, brighten up the dish with a couple of teaspoons of grated fresh lemon peel instead.
Nutritional Facts for DOLE Mediterranean Salad with Grapes and Sausage
Daily Value %*
* Daily Value % based on a 2000 calorie diet.