Featured Salad from the Dole Fruit Inspired Salad Collection. Flat-Belly Ingredient Spotlight: RED WINE VINEGAR. Vinegar at meals may help increase feelings of fullness, decrease calorie intake by about 70 calories per meal, improve blood sugars after meals and lead to less body fat over time. (Image courtesy of Dole.)
Time: 35 | Servings: 6
- 8 cups DOLE Field Greens from three 8-ounce packages
- 1 large ripe, firm mango, peeled and diced
- 1 medium red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
- 1 cup boiling water
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red-wine vinegar or malt vinegar
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh cilantro leaves and tender stems
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 fresh green Thai, serrano or small jalapeño chile, stemmed and finely chopped
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- To prepare dressing: Place raisins and boiling water in a small bowl. Let soften for 30 minutes. Drain; transfer the raisins to a blender. Add oil, vinegar, cilantro, ginger, chile and salt. Puree, scraping the sides as needed, until smooth. Set aside 1 tablespoon of the dressing.
- To prepare salad: Place Field Greens in a large bowl and toss with the remaining dressing. Divide among 6 plates. Place mango and bell pepper in the bowl; add the reserved tablespoon of dressing and toss to coat. Top the greens with the mango mixture. Serve immediately.
Nutritional Facts for DOLE Mango Salad with Ginger-Raisin Vinaigrette
Daily Value %*
* Daily Value % based on a 2000 calorie diet.