Featured salad from the DOLE Taste of Spain Collection. Flat-Belly Ingredient Spotlight: SARDINES. Sardines contain omega-3 fat which may control appetite, increase calorie burning and decrease the amount of fat your body stores. (Image courtesy of Dole.)
Time: 15 | Servings: 4
- Lemon Paprika Vinaigrette:
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped fresh parsley leaves
- Salt and fresh pepper
- 1 package (8 oz.) DOLE Mediterranean
- 2 carrots, peeled and shredded
- 1 tin (2 oz.) cured sardines in oil or 12 oz. shrimp, peeled, deveined and cooked
- 1/2 cup seasoned dried bread crumbs
- Fresh ground black pepper
- To prepare dressing: Mix the garlic, vinegar, lemon juice and paprika in a large bowl. Whisk in the olive oil until well combined and season lightly with salt and pepper if desired. Stir in the parsley.
- To prepare salad: Drain sardines on paper towels; discard oil from tin. Toss the Mediterranean blend and the carrots into the dressing. Add the bread crumbs and sardines (or shrimp). Toss again.
- Transfer to shallow bowls or plates and season with fresh pepper.
Nutritional Facts for DOLE Granada Seafood Salad
Daily Value %*
* Daily Value % based on a 2000 calorie diet.