Hide an entire head of cauliflower in this classic comfort food. Not only does this meatless dish provide 15 grams of protein per serving, it is an excellent source of calcium and vitamin C!
- 16 ounces brown rice penne; such as Tinkyada™ brand
- 1 head cauliflower, chopped into florets
- 1 cup 1% milk or favorite milk alternative
- 10 ounces shredded 2% sharp cheddar cheese, split
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt, or to taste
- Cook pasta per package directions & drain.
- While pasta boils, steam (or microwave) cauliflower florets until tender, about 6-8 minutes.
- With hand blender, puree cauliflower and milk until creamy. Stir in pasta, 8 ounces of cheese and salt until well combined and looks like mac & cheese.
- Set broiler to High.
- Place mixture in baking dish. Evenly sprinkle remaining cheese on top and broil for 5 minutes until golden and bubbly.
- Note: Great with BBQ chicken or tofu & sautéed kale.
Nutritional Facts for Cauliflower Mac & Cheese
Daily Value %*
* Daily Value % based on a 2000 calorie diet.