Inspired by DOLE Salads. SUPERFOOD INGREDIENT: Beets. Thanks to a unique pigment, called betalain, biting into a beet not only provides antioxidants and reduces inflammation, but it can also help flush out toxins in the body. Beets are also rich in blood pressure lowering nitrates.
- 1/2 cup 100% orange juice
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1/4 cup goat cheese
- Sea salt & black pepper, to taste
- 1 package (6 ounces) DOLE Baby Garden Blend
- 1.5 cups chopped pre-steamed beets (or canned)
- 1 pear, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 Tablespoon honey
- Whisk orange juice, lemon, cheese, salt and pepper until smooth.
- Toss with lettuce, beets, pear and walnuts.
- Drizzle salad with honey.
Nutritional Facts for Beet Salad with Citrus Goat Cheese
Daily Value %*
* Daily Value % based on a 2000 calorie diet.