- About Dawn
- Work with Dawn
- Media Room
- Useful Stuff
I would not have been able to do this without your help; you have made me a much happier and confident person! Thank you so much for everything!
My Food and Nutrition Philosophy is simple: Wholesome and nourishing foods are magic. The right foods have the power to improve all the cells in your body to help you look healthy and feel strong and alive.
Five things you can expect from me that you won’t get from other nutrition gurus:
1) “RD” Credentials. I’ve worked hard to earn my credentials, so you can trust the information I will give you is based in science.
2) Research Base. To that scientific foundation I include my personal experience working with thousands of individuals.
3) Real Food Focus. I apply my solid cooking background to wholesome, nourishing, plant-based foods. I can teach you how to retrain your taste buds, recalibrate portions naturally and redirect cravings.
4) Realistic Approach. We live in a time-crunched, rushed society. My style is to be flexible and personalize your plan to your schedule & routine. I will teach you smart shortcuts to make your current life healthier.
5) Results Oriented. I am dedicated to helping you achieve your goals. Results: you’ll feel more energy, manage disease, lose weight. It’s not enough that I give you information. I want to teach you how to take action and really change your life.
I grew up in the Chicago suburbs with my mom (Nance), dad (Herb) and brother (Herb). I enjoyed picking fresh fruits and vegetables from my family’s small backyard garden and eating family dinners with dessert every night. From a young age I had an interest in the way food impacts how we look and feel.
I currently live in Chicago with my husband, Chris. I have a teenage stepson, Christian, who is an excellent student and hockey player! When I’m not working, you will find me in the kitchen testing new recipes, on an urban hike with my husband or shopping at a farmer’s market.
Dawn Jackson Blatner, RD, CSSD, LDN is a registered dietitian and certified specialist in sports dietetics. She attended the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign and graduated with highest honors with a degree in Human Nutrition and Food Science. Upon graduation, she moved to Albuquerque to complete a dietetic internship with the University of New Mexico.
Dawn is a trusted food & nutrition expert appearing regularly in national media outlets such as The Dr. Oz Show, USA Today, Dateline, Newsweek, Cooking Light and WebMD. She is the nutrition consultant for the Chicago Cubs, a food and nutrition blogger with USA Today and Huffington Post and a nutrition expert on the advisory board of Fitness magazine. She has a private practice based in Chicago, IL providing personalized nutrition counseling and educational workshops.
Dawn writes health and wellness articles for national magazines such as Fitness, Health, Yoga Journal and Vegetarian Times. She is a co-author of Counseling Overweight Adults (American Dietetic Association, 2009), nutrition consultant for the New York Time’s Best Seller The Carb Lover’s Diet (Oxmoor House, 2010) and author of The Flexitarian Diet (McGraw Hill, 2009.)
She has worked as the dietitian for Lifetime Television and with a national healthfood chain, exclusive spas, DePaul University and Northwestern Memorial Hospital Wellness Institute. Dawn was a national media spokesperson for the American Dietetic Association for 9 years and has 13 years experience working with clients to improve health outcomes such as obesity, diabetes, high cholesterol, high blood pressure, heart disease and cancer. Most recently Dawn received Lifetime Television 2011 “Remarkable Woman Award” for her work in the field of nutrition.
I want to inspire & motivate you to transform your health by using the Power of Food. You deserve to know how to feed your body right to wake-up each morning with a healthy spring in your step.